Which second-hand car company had the best TV campaign?
Published: 10th June 2022
Consumers are increasingly buying second-hand cars online, and the top used car retailers such as @Cinch, @Cazoo, @WeBuyAnyCar.com and @CarWow are using TV advertising to grow their market share.
But how effective have their TV campaigns been at cutting through the noise and generating an increase in website visits?
To find out, we used our Single-Source data to look at the uplift in site visits for each brand.
So which brand triumphed, and which lost out? Results show that:
- Cazoo had the best campaign in the sector with 7.4% uplift. This was over ten times more effective than Carwow’s campaign
- Cinch experienced a 3.8% uplift falling in second place
- WeBuyAnyCar.com experienced a 1.1% uplift
- While Carwow had the lowest uplift at 0.7%
Overall, uplift was higher in the exposed group than it was in the non-exposed group, showing that TV ads are effective at driving site visits.
These insights acutely highlight the value of Single-Source data in proving the effect of TV advertising on consumer behaviour.
If you’re a D2C brand looking to understand the true impact of your TV campaigns on your target audience, reach out to us here: https://www.viewerslogic.com/contact
We used a natural test and control methodology based on our Single-Source data, looking at the uplift in site visits for each brand.
- Control Group: Individuals who were not exposed to TV activity from the brand in question during the campaign period or in the 2 weeks prior.
- Test Group: Individuals who were exposed to TV activity from the brand in question during the campaign period but not in the two weeks prior.